Thursday, December 17, 2009

Add more weight and do it again



That was Bill’s favorite phrase last night as we took on a back squat wod

The wod:
12-11-10-9-8-7-6-5-20 of back squat
(use 50-60% of your 1rpm & rest 2min between rounds)


My 1 rpm on back squat is 195 so I loaded the bar up with 105 and headed into the wod, making my way down to 6 when I hear Bill’s beautiful voice, “That’s not heavy enough, add more weight and go back up to 8.” So I throw on another 10lbs making the bar 115lbs and head back up to 8 and start working my way back down.

I reach the nastiness that is 20 and I get through them without putting the bar down.
Bill’s beautiful voice chimes in yet again, “Add more weight and do it again.” So I throw on another 20lbs making 135lbs and I start the 20 reps at 10 I started seeing stars so I put the bar down, quick 10 sec rest, 5 more reps, 10 sec rest and into the last 5. Man did those last 5 SUCK. Bill, with his sadistic grin chimed in yet again, “Now that was heavy enough”

With all my redo’s I moved 14,605lbs of weight on my back last night. No wonder my hips are on FIRE today.

1 comment: