Friday, December 11, 2009

Cindy...oh....Cindy....



Yesterday at CrossFit Cleveland was "Cindy" day. Oh how I loath Cindy. Any workout that is rounds for 20 minutes mess me up. I'm not so good with the pacing, but I was ready this time. 3 months ago I pushed through 18 rounds, and last night I wanted to break the 20 mark. I was ready.

I counted out my 20 cards and strategically color coded them. Blue cards, 10th card red=half way mark. Cards 19&20 red=the new goal. I chalked my hand and it was go time. My game plan, pullups & squats had to be unbroken and steady to make up for the pushups, where I struggle.

"Cindy"
5 pullups
10 pushups (chest to deck)
15 squats

20 rounds plus 4 pushups. PR!

I hit 20 rounds at 19 minutes flat, and mentally crashed because I had hit my goal. I yelled 20 and paused for a second to celebrate reaching my goal. After that I couldn't restart. If I would have stayed focused I think I could have squeaked out another round. I guess there's always next time.....

No comments:

Post a Comment