Friday, January 8, 2010

Working out with 'The Toddler'



No.....not a child, a weight vest. I can thank Feng Yi Chew for the phrase "the toddler". She used to post on Facebook that she was working out with 'the toddler' and one day I had to ask, you have a kid? She said, "no, it's my weight vest. It weighs about as much as a toddler."

Today I did the CF warm up with 'the toddler' and boy did it make a difference. It's amazing to see what 20lbs can do to you pullups, dips, situps, really all of it. Just wearing it I could feel the added pressure on my bones. If you've got a 'toddler' at your box give it a try, it's an interesting feeling.

Today's wod:
21-18-15-12-9-6-3
Handstand pushups (feet on bar)
Snatches (17.5)
Situps (ghd)
13:45

And my cool down was really a second wod.
3 Clean and Jerks (95lb) on the minute for 15 minutes.

THANK GOD TOMORROW'S A REST DAY!

5 comments:

  1. Geez you are so awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! The Toddler - my weight vest has a new name :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, I got a toddler and I want to lose it. (my chest)
    Kidding aside, Way to push your body Kate!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So, after I suggested that she wear the vest during the warmup, Kate asked "what's the point?". I had to bite my lip and just say, try it. At some point in the middle of her warmup I asked her if she figured out what the point was. She got it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So does this mean that I shouldn't lose weight? hahahaha
    I get it.

    ReplyDelete