Thursday, November 5, 2009

I think I can....I think I can....I think I can.....



So day two of training for the games was somewhat like pulling teeth. I spent the day catching up on work that I missed being out with the migraine on Tuesday, oh...and it was still lingering just for fun. By the time 5:30 rolled around I felt like I was running on fumes. All I kept telling myself was, "you can do it, you can't miss day two of training".

I got in my car and began my short trip to CFCleveland all the way thinking.."I don't want to go, I don't want to do this", but I trekked on.

As I parked my car, walked into the gym and signed in all I could think was "I'm here, just suck it up", while in the back of my mind I'm thinking "I'm tired, I'm behind on work, I'm hungry, I need to do my homework."

I began my warmup and slowly started to feel a little pep back in my step.."I THINK I CAN."

The wod was 5x5 of back squats. My 1 rep max is 200, so I was shooting for 195x5, but I knew I bit off more than I could chew when I did my first set of 135. I was f*cking heavy! I pushed through 145...155...165...all the time gaining momentum. "I THINK I CAN"

I walked up to 175 confident, feeling good, "I THINK I CAN"! 1st rep felt good "I THINK I CAN", 2nd rep was a little slower "I THINK I CAN", 3rd rep holy hell "I THINK I CAN", 4th.."I THINK I CAN, I THINK I CAN, I THINK I CAN" but i couldn't I get stuck at the bottom and bailed.

Through out the day I didn't want to train, I had a mental block, but I pushed through it. I kept the "I THINK I CAN" mentality and had a pretty successful workout. Not where I would have liked, but you have to have the slow days to appreciate the PR's.

1 comment:

  1. Kate, followed you for awhile on FB now. I am so interested in the whole crossfit thing but have never been able to commit with so much else always going on...maybe one of these days! At any rate, I enjoy reading your journey and wish you all the best!

    ReplyDelete